Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Another Introduction to our Blog

I came home from another in a long line of crappy days at work. I'm immediately pounced at the door by what I initially assumed was some form of crazed hyena. Before I can position myself into a defensive crouch, I realize it is only Christine.

There were a lot of words happening. Some of them at once. It was like all of the things she had wanted to say during the day had bottle-necked near the top of her throat, and whatever obstruction was blocking their progress during the day had cleared the second I opened the door and they were all trying to come out at the same instant. I'm not sure how long this lasted as time has ceased to function. Most of it was about people I had never met and probably never will. These people were doing things that were either hilarious or annoying, I'm not sure which and I'd missed out on the key context clues. There was something in there about a bunch of people coming over for dinner at some point and some things about the baby. I'm relatively certain that these two items were exclusive and that my fiancee was not suggesting we serve our baby as the main course for this "Dinner for Schmucks" scenario that had suddenly formed in my head.

I may have briefly fallen asleep as I kind of remember a bit where I had saved Middle Earth from being bought out by Microsoft.

Oh, and she mentioned this blog thing. And at first I was kind of like "Meh." Then I said "Yes" in hopes it would bring me silence and sleep. Then I woke up and remembered it and didn't think it was a terrible idea. And so here we are. I'm not sure this is going to be as enlightening as she thinks, but it may well be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment