Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Captain Underpants!

I want to write things, really I do. It's just that my life is boring. All I've got is lots of diaper stories and arguments with my almost 3mo baby. Nobody wants to hear that. Heck, I dont want to hear it. I even have a whole bit in my head about socks but it's just not that funny. Chris has started several blog posts but keeps getting interrupted. Since he's awake before anyone, he has morning duty with the baby and she's been getting up earlier than ususal.

A few days ago we had this conversation as he was leaving for work.

Him: "I'll see you when I get home."
Me: "Okay. I'll be here unless I decide to join the circus."
Him: "Okay then. If you do that drop baby girl off with me before you go."
Me: "Hell no. She's part of my act."
Him: "What!? I dont want baby girl around clowns and midgets."
Me: "What's wrong with clowns and midgets?"
Him: "What's not wrong with clowns and midgets?"*

Speaking of midgets and clowns, Chris has informed me that there will be a new Muppets movie coming out in November. Since the gremlin arrived in our lives, Chris's penchant for movie watching has come in handy. One such evening, I rediscovered the Muppets. First we watched The Great Muppet Caper and then The Muppets Take Manhattan. There's a scene in one of the movies that Chris had to point out to me. The muppets were riding bicycles in a park and while it didnt occur to me at the time, he reminded me that the scene was very well done. We had a clear view of all of the muppets (legs included) and they were pedaling their bikes. With today's technology, something like that is much easier to achieve but back in the early 80's, that scene was amazing for its time.



I'm excited to see the new movie as I like one of the main actors. I hope they do a good job of it. Chris says he thinks that Jim Henson's family is still in creative control of the Muppets so hopefully they havent gone the way of George Lucas. I think we all know what I mean, there.

And, since it's Wednesday I'll leave you with this:





*Since he's 6'6, his idea of midgets is just about everybody that's chest level and lower. So to his way of thinking, I'm a midget, too.

1 comment:

  1. I need to get the "Captain Underpants" book(s?) for the kids.

    Yeah, Jim's kids are all in control of everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. There's the traditional muppets, the new movies (been working on a Dark Crystal sequel!) and even Avenue Q type productions for adults. They have a website and also keep excellent updates on their facebook page.

    ReplyDelete